Think you Know Everything about Gelish Dryers? – Think Again And Read This To Find About The Hidden Features!
It’s been a while since nail art was introduced in the fashion industry. Earlier, there were days when we would paint our nails and wait for it to dry before we started doing things so that we wouldn’t damage them. Everything these days is about time. The quicker the better! This is where the LED lamp dryer comes into picture. The previous big hit was the UV nail dryer, which is nearly out of fashion now. This is a product that you buy once and enjoy for a lifetime without any maintenance.
|Harmony Gelish Acrylic Gel Nail Light 18G LED Lamp Manicure Timer Salon Dryer ||Gelish: Salon Essentials LED Light 18G |
|Size||One hand / one feet||both hands / both feet|
|Timer||No timer||3 Preset timers: 5, 20, 30 seconds|
There are several nail dryers available in the market today. The Harmony Gelish Acrylic Salon Dryer is one such product, designed to cure efficiently the Gelish Gel colours, for a set of beautiful nails that stayintact for a minimum of 3 weeks. Using LED lamp to cure gel nails is the latest trend in the industry these days. Want to know why? Well, LED lamps cure much faster than UV lamps which aren’t as popular these days. In this age of reason and technology, people want everything super-fast; even the two minute wait using UV lamps seems impossible when compared to the four times faster, THIRTY seconds to cure your nails using LED lamps.
Nowadays each company seems to come up with their own LED lamp, which they claim are perfect for their brand of gel nails. Curing using a lamp has become a must for anyone that wants their Gel nails to last longer and not chip off in a day or two. This particular LED lamp is designed to cure Gelish soak off gel colour.
This is for people who want to do their gel nails at home regularly. Going to the salon regularly not only takes time and effort but it also costs money! If you have all the equipment at home and know how to do your nails the right away, then the only thing missing is an LED lamp, and that shouldn’t be the only reason for you to go to a salon.
- Lightweight and small
- Cures all five fingers at a time and no waiting time for the thumb to be cured separately
- Looks good and stylish.
- Though specific to Gelish soak off gel colour, it works well with all shellac and gel colours as well.
- Gel polish lasts much longer with this LED light curing.
- Quicker and much more convenient for fingers and toes
- Very roomy, Can accommodate hands of all sizes.
- Though mainly used in salons, it can also be used at home for curing gel nails.
- It is a bit pricey for home use, might be more suitable for girls who plan on using it for freelance work
Gelish High Performance LED Gel Light 18G
Gelish High Performance LED Gel Light 18G isyet another LED nail lamp, a 3rd generation lamp, as the manufacturer puts it. It has LED lights of exceptional quality, precisely calibrated and scientifically engineered for quick and efficient curing of gel nails. This is true in particular for the Gelish soak off polishes. It ensures even and smooth gel-drying. This product is supposed to last really long without having to change a bulb ever again. UV lamps need regular replacement once every few years, while the LED lamps don’t have to be replaced at all. If you’re looking for the ultimate salon experience then this is the one to go for, as this can be used in the salon as well as at home.
This LED lamp cures the Gelish foundation in 5 seconds flat. It speeds up the total curing time after different applications and brings it down to two minutes as opposed to ten minutes using other lights, especially UV based ones. It comes with a long power cord and is very convenient to use. If you are one of those people that don’t want to be sitting and waiting while your fingers and toes are getting done, then this is great, because the timer beeps and goes off automatically so you don’t have to keep staring at it. Also this product has a magnetic base and can be removed to clean.
No more worrying about switching colours and gel nails every month and worrying about salon queues and expenses. You spend on this once and it stays for life and you can switch colours as many times as you please in the comfort of your own home.
- Motion activated
- Compact yet can handle the whole hand or foot;some sites claim that both hands can be done at the same time.
- It has a preset timer with three options of 5, 20 and 30 seconds.
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- The bottom piece can be removed to clean it.
- The cover moves so the light doesn’t blind your eyes
- Preset LED display which also has a timer countdown
- Doesn’t have an on switch to turn it down, has to be plugged out completely to totally turn it off
- Bit on the expensive side for something to use at home, but totally worth it especially if you plan on working from home
While both products come nearly in the same price range, and both of them are LEDs which last for life and can cure all five fingers at the same time, it is difficult to choose. But Gelish High Performance LED Gel Light 18G is recommended for a couple of reasons. One is the timer; it is great to have a timer as over curing can sometimes shirks gels. And, if there is a timer I don’t have to worry about over cooking nails. The second reason is the magnetic board which makes cleaning easy. So High Performance LED Gel Light 18G wins by just a small margin.